COVID TESTING in Oakhurst NJ
NO WAIT, NO LINE NASAL SWAB PCR COVID TESTING
Soul Focus Wellness Center offers COVID Testing for Eatontown, Tinton Falls, Shrewsbury, Ocean, Oakhurst and surrounding towns
Get tested from your car! As per new government regulations, all COVID-19 tests will be completely covered at no cost with no co-pays and no deductibles! No insurance? No problem.
- Click the link above to select the date and time of your test.
- Once you arrive, park in one of the designated spots in our back parking lot closest to the door.
- Call or text to let us know you have arrived.
- Have your photo ID and insurance card ready. Our staff will meet you at your car to perform the nasal swab test.
- We will call with results as soon as they are ready from the lab–approximately 48-72 hours after testing.
The Importance of COVID Testing
With lockdown enforcements and other rules and regulations created to prevent the spread of the virus, the pandemic had a huge impact on us. It’s not an understatement to say that the COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone worldwide.
If you are looking for COVID Testing in Oakhurst NJ click here for availability
The Danger of COVID-19
A lot of people are dismissive of the COVID-19 virus because it affects people differently. For younger and healthier individuals, the effect of COVID-19 is minimal. There are even those who do not develop symptoms. However, for people with various illnesses, there is an increased risk that can be fatal.
COVID-19 also affected the economy. Currently, the world is transitioning to the “new normal” where people and entities are working together to decrease the chances of the virus spreading.
People at Risk for COVID-19
While anyone can get the virus, some people are more at risk of severe illnesses. Based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, adults with certain underlying medical conditions can develop severe illnesses caused by the COVID-19 virus. The following are conditions that can increase your risk of severe illness.
· Chronic kidney disease
· COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
· Down Syndrome
· Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
· Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
· Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
· Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
· Sickle cell disease
· Type 2 diabetes mellitus
While not always the case, the following conditions can also increase your risk for the COVID-19 virus.
· Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
· Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
· Cystic fibrosis
· Hypertension or high blood pressure
· Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
· Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
· Liver disease
· Overweight (BMI > 25 kg/m2, but < 30 kg/m2)
· Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
· Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
· Type 1 diabetes mellitus
If you have one of the conditions mentioned above, it is important that you get tested for COVID-19 immediately. Ideally, the people in your household should also get tested to decrease the chances of being infected with the virus.
COVID Testing in Oakhurst NJ
Based on the dangers of the COVID-19 virus stated above, it is our duty as citizens to contribute to stopping the spread of the virus. If you are one of the people who need to go outside, it is important to get tested first to see if you have the virus.
How Does COVID-19 Testing Work?
There are three different diagnostic tests with varying degrees of accuracy and turnaround for results.
The PCR test that Soul Focus recommends is performed by using a nasal swab, samples of cells and fluids are collected from your respiratory system by inserting the swab into your nose until it reaches the back of your throat. The PCR test, also known as the RNA test, then identifies if there are cells with the specific genes of the virus to check if you are a carrier.
The turnaround time varies up to a few days. The PCR test is known as the gold standard of COVID-19 Tests. This accurate COVID test is performed at Soul Focus Wellness Center and is conveniently located for anyone looking for a COVID Testing in Oakhurst NJ.
Done through either a nasal or throat swab, the antigen test or rapid test has a faster turnaround time compared to the PCR test. With a turnaround time of an hour or less, this is the best choice for places with a large number of people.
The problem with rapid testing is that it has a lot of false negatives. If you tested positive, the results are likely accurate. But if you tested negative, you still might be a carrier, and the test just didn’t pick the antigens for COVID-19.
Another test is through checking your blood for antibodies against COVID-19. This test is rarely used, as it does not specify if the presence of the antibodies is due to a current active infection or an infection you have already recovered from. Furthermore, since antibodies will only appear at a later time, it is not recommended unless 14 days since the start of the symptom or exposure have passed by.
The cheapest solution that the government can do at the moment is to enforce lockdown guidelines that include self-quarantine for people who might be exposed to the virus. While effective, it is not enough to combat the virus.
With the vaccine is still getting ready for distribution, you can get tested for COVID-19 if you need to go out or might have been exposed to the virus.
However, it is important to note that quarantine measures are still important and should still be observed despite the availability of tests. Mass testing can help countries resume back to normal faster, but it is only effective if partnered with quarantine measures.
Who Should Get Tested for COVID-19?
Ideally, everyone should be tested for COVID-19 to know exactly who is infected by the disease.
The government, however, prescribes the following people to get tested for COVID-19:
· People exhibiting the symptoms
· Healthcare workers
· First aid responders
· Social service employees
· People exposed to infected individuals
· People in places with high COVID-19 cases recorded
If you are worried that you might have the virus, it’s better to get yourself tested as early as possible. Knowing your status can help you take better preventive measures from protecting the people you interact with daily.
Testing can save a lot of lives and help protect our economy. Once the COVID-19 virus is under control, things can go back to the new normal, and people can resume back to their normal daily routines.
If you have been looking for COVID Testing in Oakhurst NJ or close to it, schedule your test by clicking here.